
In addition to a fountain pen collector (which I wrote about in my last post) my new novel also features a fabric collector. People involved with fabric and textiles are some of the most creative folks on the planet. In doing my research on the fabric and Italy, I found a tour company (via the Fabric Maverick) called Tactile Travel. This company that leads trips for people who love fabric, yarn and fiber. Here, Alanna Nelson, the owner, talks about how she fosters creativity on her trips:
"For the Textile Trek, I have a personal coach give a workshop about creativity. I encourage everyone to stop, look, listen and remember all of the time, even after they go home! The workshop encourages you to observe yourself as well the world around you. During our Italy trips, each person has their Tactile Travels journal to record memories, images, or store bits of interesting things they find along the way. I hope the experiences learned on the Trek follow you home, as well as your journal!"
No comments:
Post a Comment