Thursday, October 8, 2009

Author as Self Promoter

A.C. Crispin wrote such a smart post on a piece about author self promotion and whether it's worth the effort. I, of course, fall firmly on the "author as entrepreneur" side of the equation. I can't stand writing a book I love and then just sitting there waiting for someone else to do something with it. So I, too, am turning toward the self promotion phase, but with less angst than A.C....I kind of enjoy it. Except that in my first few efforts to connect to quilter bloggers (because one of my characters is a fabric collector), they kind of dissed me!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You were dissed by quilter bloggers?! They are evidently not nearly as friendly as book bloggers!

la2ny said...

how about author as media company? As in, you report, your write, you publish, you blog, you market, you might get paid.