Thursday, July 23, 2009

10 Do's and Don'ts for Writers Seeking Feedback

I'm a guest today on novelist Christina Baker Kline's cool blog, A Writing Year. Cruise on over there and check out my 10 Do's and Don'ts for Writers Seeking Feedback. I think the tips on feedback might be equally applicable to all kinds of artists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennie - Great insight on feedback when writing a novel. When I read The Only True Genius in the Family, I didn't want it to end, and that may be the most powerful feedback of all.

The feedback I get on each of the 50 short memoirs in my anthology, TellTale Souls (Hopefully a publisher will pick it up soon!), often has to do with the age of the reader and the personal relationship they have/had with their own mother. The bio-vignettes are for the most part written by people who are not 'writers' per se, so readers are looking for the impact the story made on them - if what they read strikes a chord within them or has emotional punch, they like the story. It seems to be as simple as that in my experience.
http://www.telltalesouls.com